Instead of creating a mobile version of an existing web capability, innovate to create experiences only made possible with mobile technology.
Require the justification of the experiences being created as a result of the mobile solutions, to help drive quality and prevent a flood of mobile apps that offer little value add.
Not only would such an app simplify community policing, but it would also be a 24-7 interactive government helpdesk.
The app would deliver an email message with a ticket number and reply link, and enable government officers to remain productive while on the road, right from their mobile phones.
For example, if I type a comment, question... more »
• Development teams of Users and App Developers (commercial and from within agencies)
• Where current commercial applications can be used – adopt
• Where current applications are close but do not address specific requirements – adapt when possible and redeploy with linkage to original base application
• Develop base... more »
One of the "Guiding Principles" (or "Core Objectives") should be to "Leverage commercially-available applications and other software when appropriate and practicable."
- data and design
- mobile websites
- native apps
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Native apps and MEAP tools
- internal and public app store deployment
- integration with Mobile Device Management
With some standards for these areas put forth then agencies would be able to produce applications following the same procedures and tools. Money can be saved... more »